As strange as this may sound, we're just taking it easy in Ibiza. We must be getting old or something as it took us until the fourth night of being here to actually head out to the bars. To our credit, the tourist season hasn't really started, yet. We also have a kitchen at our place, so we've just been recharging the batteries.
One thing that I've learned from my travels, is that Canadians don't party as hard as they think they do. Being at a small club filled with Brits, Scots and the Irish will slam home that reality right quick. I watched some small little girl down 12 shots of vodka at once last night, without that much difficulty. Perhaps we can claim to be the best beer drinkers? Who cares anyway?
I should write a little something about our first tour of Italy. Rome was incredible; right up there with Istanbul in its ability to steal breath. We found a place to sleep right away and from there we could walk to all the famous destinations. One of the most memorable moments was when I handed a bottle of wine to our hotel's manager. He seemed like the type of guy that wouldn't even crack a smile if he was tickled, but when I showed up with a bottle and no means of getting to the sweet nectar, he grabbed the bottle from my hands with delight. Then he held the label up to the light to legitimize it, then cracked it open in about 10 seconds uttering some delightful Italian. A little moment, but I'll remember it forever.
We took the train up to Pisa after that, and did all the typical tourist stuff at the leaning tower. We'll head back to Italy for a few days this Sunday. Next Thursday, we fly to Berlin!
chad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey,
ReplyDeletegood you´re out of Athen, there have been some violent protest the last days!
Glad you seem to enjoy Europe so far!
Ill be in the US from the 14th to the 28th so i guess we´ll just miss each other. If however youre going south after leaving Berlin you could drop by here. There is the Airport called Basel/Mullhouse close by.
Well i wish you a good time in Germany as well
Dennis