Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 58 - Berlin, Germany

I refuse to poop on this city. I have so much respect for this place and I've had such a memorable time, that I don't want to share my experience through a blog. If you meet me for a drink or dinner sometime, I'll talk about Berlin at length. I don't think that there is a better city in the world. I haven't been to London, San Francisco, New York or Paris, but I would put money on Berlin as the hippest.

We are staying with my friend Ryland. We met him in The Philippines last year and we stayed in touch. I told him that he's the only man that's allowed to run away with my wife; that much respect.

On Monday we're taking a bus down to Dresden. That will mark our 9th day in Germany without having left Berlin. We want to see a little of Germany outside of the capital. The next day we're going to Prague, then Budapest, over to Vienna, back track to Slovakia, then we fly to Paris, head up to Amsterdam, back to Brussels, then fly to Ireland, onto Scotland, onto England, onto CANADA!(in exactly 1 month) Jesus!

I'll be attending my brother Jeff's wedding a few days after I arrive in Canada and I can't wait for that. I know a few of my very best friends will be there as well and I'm so sure love will be flowing. I am very homesick. I've been away from my hometown for 5 years, and haven't visited for 2 years.

I have some crazy stories about this place and I feel like a kid in a candy store, you'll just have to meet me for a pint to hear the tales.

chad

1 comment:

  1. miss you buddy. cant wait for you both to come home!

    ReplyDelete