Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 3 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The journey has commenced!

I'm very impressed with K.L. The city has a really nice vibe to it. Sue and I agree that it is our favorite city in South-East Asia. There are so many restaurants and cheap food stalls on the streets and it's all great! The only thing about the food that I don't enjoy is the sardines. They serve some of their dishes with this spicy chili sauce that is mixed with sardines and it's just not my style. However, most places serve Indian dishes and they have blown my mind! We went to a Jain vegetarian restaurant today at the foot of a Hindu worship site and this meal convinced me that Indian cuisine is the world's best; for just $2!! Then again, perhaps a juicy t-bone steak with mashed potatoes could give Indian curry dishes a run for their money.

Other than food, we met up with the two sweetest ladies in the world Nurul and Nuur. We hosted them at our place in Seoul through the couchsurfing system. They've shown us around the city, drove us out to the suburbs for a hot air balloon festival and just been really warm and generous. I've yet to meet an unkind Malay person; this is a very cool country indeed.

I got wasted last night. I can't get really drunk off beer because I just get full and bloated before I start to lose control. So I got into the Long Island Ice Teas which led me to go to the store and buy beers for random people. Met another cool German guy last night. Germans rock! (Hope that makes your day Dennis!)

Flying out to Kota Baharu tomorrow, then catching a boat to the Perhentian Islands. Going to get my scuba diving license! Going to trek through the jungle! Going to get wasted again and take a dump in the ocean.....

chad

4 comments:

  1. Hey chad,
    great that you met another cool german : )
    Ill be in the US from the 14th may to the 29th, so it could be difficult to meet up....

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww.. that's is so sweet. As a matter of fact, it was really fun to see u guys again. thank you for spending some time with us. I'm sorry for any shortcomings and for all the times we've been tardy. (blame the KL jam! hehe.) Have fun basking in the island sun. Love u guys to death!

    xoxo,
    Nurul

    ReplyDelete
  3. its fun meeting u guys again.. huhuuh... im sooooo sorry for being sooo late last night.. have a save journey n dont forget to try nasi kerabu and nasi dagang! i miss u guys already.. huhu.. see u soon.

    loves,
    nuur

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's been more than a couple days since this post... whats happenin'? no wi-fi anywhere or just too busy livin' it up?

    ReplyDelete