Thursday, March 18, 2010

Last Sleep in Korea

So this day hasn't been spectacular. Sue is sick as I write this. We are nesting in a love motel in Incheon waiting for friends to finish work, but I doubt Sue will make it out for the festivities. Just a sore stomach, but she is in some serious pain! We picked up some medicine for her, so hopefully she'll be energetic in the morning for our flight to K.L!

This keyboard is a little sticky, and I'm hoping that's just from old age and has nothing to do with my current location.

Korea has been damn good to me! I wouldn't say that I was a loser in Canada, but I don't think I was winning the game there either. Since coming to Korea my life has gained so much stability and I think that I underestimated the importance of building a good foundation. Life seems to always bring waves that try to toss you off your rock, but if your rock is wide enough, you can always stand up again.

I do have a few beefs with Korea; there are some things I won't miss.

*Old men spitting on the sidewalk. Not just spit, but some serious hacking flem!
*Young men listening to ballads while playing video games!
*Motorcycles on the sidewalk! This almost got me in a few fights.
*Kids pointing at me and saying, 'Hey! There's a foreigner!' Happens almost everyday!

Things I will miss

*Korean service. Korean restaurant service absolutely murders Canadian service!!! I will not be tipping in Canada unless I receive above average service. Waiters and waitresses here make like $4 bucks an hour and run to your table when you call for them.
*Seoul's subway system. Like a giant spider web! For under a dollar a ride!
*I've nicknamed Seoul, 'Boner City'. Enough said. Just my eyes, I'm a faithful man!
*Korean BBQ
*All the wonderful students I taught that were so goddamn cute!

OK that's enough, just a quote because I was listening to Floyd last night

'And then one day you find,
Ten years have got behind you,
No one told you when to run,
You missed the starting gun.'

chad
*

2 comments:

  1. I wish you 2 a good start and hope i can show you around my home when you come around.
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers! I think we'll be in Germany around the 13th of May. I might have told you June before. Hope this doesn't coincide with your new travel plans.

    ReplyDelete