Bali!
Well, it's a beautiful place, but if you've ever been to SE Asia you know that it's not exactly at the top of paradise hideaways anymore.
We had a hell of a trip to get here! We left Yogyakarta at 8:30 AM on Friday, took the 12 hour bus ride to the village outside of Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. I used to complain about the drivers in Korea; never again! Riding in a mini-bus through Java was the most dangerous thing I'd ever done. To top things off they switched our driver for the last part of the journey which took us up this winding road through the mountains; yes, they switched the suicidial maniac for the guy with one eye!
There will be pictures up on Facebook shortly. I can't even begin to describe Bromo park. It was the most mystical landscape I'd ever seen. If you ever want to see some nature that will leave you stunned, Bromo will not dissapoint.
The day before that we visited an ancient Buddhist temple and an ancient Hindu Temple. They were exceptional as well, but when I'm siteseeing, even the most amazing architecture can only hold my attention for 30 minutes max.
I think we're just going to chill in Bali for the next 6 days or so. We've had too many boat, bus, car, taxi, rickshaw and airplane rides over the past 2 weeks. Time for some serious downtime.
chad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment