We have arrived mofo!
SE Asia was very up and down, which was fine. We had tremendous experiences and really learned a lot about what we want in the future. With that being said, the trip seems to have really started!
The flight to Istanbul was excellent. Great service from Malaysia Airlines. They had the video screens in the back of the chairs. I watched Crazy Heart, one episode of the Office,(American version) and one episode of 30 Rock. I love Tracey Morgan!
The flight was so unusual because I would wake up and look at the flight tracker and we would be flying over really crazy places like India, Pakistan, Iran, and an area a little north of Iraq!
From the airport we took the metro into the 'old city'. As soon as we got out of the train, we were both so stunned. The old city surrounds you with giant mosques, cobble stone roads, ancient statues, cafes, bars, art galleries, bakeries, kebab stands! We quickly went to one of the cafes to get some breakfast. Our breakfast was feta cheese, tomato, olives, baguettes and hummus! Also, when we sat down the owner of the cafe asked me where I was from. When I told him I was from Toronto, he was like, 'what happened to the Raptors?'
Fuck that team. What a sad, sad group of players. By the way, there is a very famous Turkish player on the Raptors. If they didn't miss the playoffs by one fucking game, I'd be watching them play LeBron James in a pub in Istanbul!!!!!!!! A sore spot for me. I really hope that team isn't cursed or something. I don't know how on earth they didn't make the playoffs with that lineup. So sad.
It's the eve of Sue's birthday, so we plan to hit the bars!
chad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment