Whoa! Joey Lawrence style, Whoa!
Istanbul is kicking our asses! What a city!
We couldn't have asked for a better time here. Our hostel is unbelievable. For 30 Euros a night, we're sleeping at a place with a view of the harbour situated about a 3 minute walk from the Blue Mosque. All the food we've had has been so tasty. Plus, Sue and I got to be in a Turkish movie!!!
Okay, I won't hog any of the glory. It was basically Sue in the movie. We were shopping in the center of the city near Taksim square and she was spotted by some talent agents. I was outside the shop waiting(because I hate shopping more than neo-nazis) and talking to some restaurant owner about his business when I decided to go into the store to check in on her progress. When I walked in, there were 5 or 6 people looking at Sue, pointing and whispering. She didn't notice and kept on shopping away. Strangely, my first impression was that they wanted her to do some photo shoot or something. Then when Sue approached the group they grabbed her and asked her if she spoke Turkish or German. There were six people in the group and none of them could speak English well. Through fragmented sentences, we realized that they wanted us to be in a Turkish movie!
Originally, they just wanted her, but then they told me that I could be used as well. So they took us to some night club and sat us down in chairs. We had to wait a couple hours for them to set up. Just before they started shooting the scene, the director saw Sue and asked her to be in the scene....with lines! Well, he told her to just speak Korean on a mobile phone. So the scene is Sue, sitting between Turkish, Dutch and Ukraine models talking on a phone in a low-cut dress! Sexy! By the way, the Dutch girl kept giving sexy winks to Sue, but she wouldn't take the bait.....
They told me to sit on the side and pretend I was drinking....
Anyway, we got paid 50 Lira! Not too much, but a great experience! Enough money for Sue to go out and buy some high heels.
Then we spent the rest of the evening downtown, eating stuffed potatoes, riding street cars, and holding hands while walking through this magnificent city.
chad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment