Tuesday, April 6, 2010

To Get to Bromo.

I had to look for our jeans and jackets for the first time since we left Seoul.

Travelling is tiring but we became more diligent and stronger than before.

It’s no problem to get up at 3 in the morning for us, even after hard core travel without an alarm clock. It’s easiest to wake up to see beautiful scenery.

To get to Bromo was the most dangerous trip in my life. When we got to the village under Bromo Mountain, we gave a sigh of relief. We were so happy to be alive from all Indonesians’ crazy driving.

Next morning, we rode an old Jeep but the engine was older.
The Jeep kept stopping while we climbed up the small path in the mountain in the dark without any light. When it goes down on the hill, I was just in panic. There aren’t any strong enough fences to prevent from accidents. Those wooden fences look like just decorations of the roads; it can’t do any function of safety. The mountain was really steep and high.

The driver drove the Jeep as in Mario cart. He doesn’t care about big puddles or stones.
Whenever he turned corners, we fell forward, backward and sideways in the car. There aren’t seat beats or handles in Indonesia cars. So we became a human-tumbler while he was driving.

I was trying my best to be positive, but it was hard when I was on the roller coaster without a seatbelt in the high mountain without fences. All of our fates were in his hands which made me fear about death while climbing up the mountain.

On the other hand, I felt relief because my husband was beside me.
At least we can die together and Chad told me that if something happened, he wanted me to remember he loves me.

When we go more up, my ears popped and felt like my body swelled. When we arrived to see the sunset at Bromo Mountain there were already a lot of people crowed ready for sunset. But like a Korean Ajumma, I wedged myself into the crowed to the front seat with Chad. I felt sorry to others but whatever as long as I can see the sunset without all those heads.

The sky was completely turquoise blue and becoming dyed orange-colored on Bromo. Because of the volcanoes’ smoke, the whole scene was even more magical. After that, we went to see more of the volcanoes close-up.

When we got there, I couldn’t believe my eyes, it looked like we are on another planet.
I could never think this place can exist in the world.

The black sands which made from the volcano activities were spread out endless and horses were running around the volcanoes. The smoke was sending out continuously from mountain.

We didn’t talk much in front of unreliable wide panorama spread out. We were just thankful to be here and already forgot about the wild drive. It was totally worth it to take all those risk and time to be here.

In Bromo, there is so much more to see. When I looked closely at the mountains, there were colorful unnamed flowers showing their face in dangerous places where the volcano could burst any day. On the side of mountain, people grow all kinds of crops for living.

Bromo is the most amazing thing ever I have seen, but life in Bromo is even more amazing.

Soon-mok

No comments:

Post a Comment