Just a short stop-over in the deep south of Thailand. I don't know what to make of this city. There has been a few bombings aimed at tourists here over the past few years; one of the bombings, I believe, killed an acquantaince of mine who was a close friend with my cousin. I hate killing in the name of god. There will be no virgins awaiting you in the next life.
As one of my 6 followers noted, I haven't been updating as frequently as I had been. Sorry about that. The last week was foggy at best. Just relaxing in Thailand on the beach; the infamous Ton Sai Beach to be exact. It is a place for professional procrastinators, but also offers some of the best rock climbing in the world, and great diving sites are only an hour away by long tail boat. Incredible food, of course. Just a magical place, where you will struggle to find a boring person. Maybe I've been called a bore before, but I have a story or two in my arcenal to keep you on your toes.
We have a long overnight bus ride back to KL. We have one more day there, then we fly out at midnight for Istanbul!! We've never been to Europe, so as you can imagine it's a little surreal.
Really missing home, both Canada and Korea. We have been realizing what we want out of life and are slowly developing a new 5 year plan. I'm trying to live in the moment, but traveling also gives you plenty of time to think about the future.
chad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Be aware that a good bit of European Airspace is closed at the moment because of a Vulcano in Iceland. Check your flights before driving out to the Airport! As of now Turkey is ok, but if you planned more flights in the next days be sure to check ahead http://www.eurocontrol.int
ReplyDeleteYou might also have delays because planes have to fly southern routes.
Yeah, I think flying to Turkey tonight should be okay.
ReplyDeleteReally bad timing for our trip! Well, hopefully the cloud starts moving away from Europe soon. Our next flight after this is on the 29th from Athens to Rome.
Thanks for the heads-up, Dennis!