At our favorite place in Asia, Ton Sai!
We've been through Thailand twice before this trip, and because of this place we've failed to see much else of the country. I haven't been up to Chang Mai and I haven't been to any of the big Koh islands in the gulf simply because this place is exceptionally paradise-like.
A regular day in Ton Sai will look as good on paper as it feels in reality. Wake up in the morning whenever you want, go buy some fresh pineapple juice, go lie in the ocean, walk up to the bar and make a new friend while enjoying some cheap beer, and then repeat.
We were lucky enough to arrive in Thailand at the beginning of the Sokran festival. It's basically a water festival where everybody just throws water on each other and gets very drunk in the street. Actually, I'm just writing this now as I wait for my boat into Aonang, a small town a short longtail boatride away.
This trip has been a rollercoaster with plenty of intense moments. I guess if you'd asked me beforehand whether I wanted a rollercoaster for a trip or a pony ride around the village, I'd have to take the trip with extremes.
Just finished Hemingway's 'Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises'. Historic read for myself. I loved reading about the bull fights in Spain and all the exploits of the ex-pats situated in Paris, moving around Europe in the 1920's. One of the best things about traveling is all the time you get to read. Trying to get through as many classics as I can.
chad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Day 20 to Day 26? What happened to the other 6 days?
ReplyDeleteA couple days were spent flying from Bali to Jakarta, then Jakarta to Phuket. We had really nice Argentine bbq with a group of Spanish surfers in Bali. And a couple days doing nothing at Ton Sai Beach. I think you'd like this place, man.
ReplyDeleteAre we going to have to wait 3 more days for an update?
ReplyDelete